Saturday, August 06, 2005
 
music discovery
Have I mentioned how much I love Pandora.com?
Oh, I have? Well forgive me: you are going to hear a lot more about it over the next many weeks. Music is the main reason for me to still be alive. Pandora has given me a shot in the arm.
Pandora has already become part of the vernacular of my friend-group. As in: "Ooo, this group is good. I'm gonna give their name to Pandora and see what she does with it." Daryl is already going to a show on Sunday featuring a woman he discovered through my Pandora radio station, Radio Lu. Even supreme skeptic Lulu has already bought a new CD because of Pandora's influence.

I went to this amazing show last night at The Independent. Griddle opened, my lovely Griddle. Then Kehoe Nation, which was just...amazing. Two drum sets, a stand-up bass, a virtuosic barry sax/clarinet player, and the singer/guitarist. The singer is a short Harley-lookin' dude with a ZZ Top beard who has an astounding voice. He went from an operatic (I shit you not: it was opera) tune to an Alice in Chains cover. Anyone who can veer from opera to Alice in Chains and light fires in the audience like that is a god. Both songs featured a guest accordionist who looked like Roberto Benigni. This group had the crowd in the palms of their hands. I don't know how to describe it; I was laughing and jumping and ecstatic.

At any rate, I met some of the Pandora guys. And you know what? They're not just talented, hard-working, sweet and music devotees. They are also hot. Of course, how can you be talented, hard-working, sweet and devoted to music without being hot?



<< Home

10/2004
11/2004
12/2004
02/2005
03/2005
06/2005
07/2005
08/2005
10/2005
11/2005
12/2005
02/2006
03/2006
04/2006
06/2006

Of Course:
The views expressed here are my own and do not represent in any way my employer. Or my school. Or even my friends. And heaven knows the views here aren't representative of my family. Ha! This is a personal blog and it only represents me. And on some days, even that is questionable. So there.



Powered by Blogger