Dr. Lu recommends...
Take a few days off:
- experiment with non-bathing and grocery shopping in your pajamas.
- shop at IKEA while ev'rybody else is at their jobs.
- cuddle with your pets.
- enjoy the sound of the rain and the look of the leaves.
- rediscover how much you love Colin Hay.
- start lifting weights again. and stretching.
- give yourself a facial.
- wear a bra as little as possible.
- rearrange, reorganize, & straight-up throw some shit out.
- reacquaint yourself with your friends.
- reacquaint yourself with your cds and your bookshelves.
- make something with your hands.
- dance. in your apartment, on the street and in the grocery store.
- drink a ridiculous amount of hot cocoa.
- read short stories.
- have a tea party.
- go to a museum.
- take a three-hour nap. get up for a bit, then sleep for another 12 hours.
- remember what's enjoyable about this silly little life.
- go to the beach.
- sit by a fire. stare into it.
The views expressed here are my own and do not represent in any way my employer. Or my school. Or even my friends. And heaven knows the views here aren't representative of my family. Ha! This is a personal blog and it only represents me. And on some days, even that is questionable. So there.